Vindalho of Pork Belly
A classic, pork belly infused with the aromatic cardamom and fiery chilli of our Vindalho Masala!
- 1 diced onion
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 2 cubed potatoes
- 1 kg pork belly skin removed diced
1 jar Goan Cuisine Vindalho Masala
- 1 cup Fresh chopped coriander
- 1-2 Green Chili de-seeded
- Heat oil in saucepan, add onions and fry until brown
- Add pork and fry until sealed off and brown, stirring occasionally
- Add 1 jar Goan Cuisine Vindalho Masala and coriander
- Stir well and fry on medium heat for a minute
- Add potatoes and water to cover and simmer on low heat with lid on, until tender
- Add salt to taste and green chillies and simmer further for 5 minutes
- If more gravy is required add hot water.
Serve with boiled basmati rice or chapatis and Goan Cuisine Spicy Mango Chutney.
Also excellent for Pork shoulder, soft bone and trotters.
Add your choice of:
par-cooked vegetables 1-2 cups towards end cooking : carrot, corn, sweet potato, pumpkin, turnip.
raw vegetables 1-2 cups towards end of cooking: eggplant, zucchini, cabbage, cauliflower, green beans, peas
cooked drained legumes 1 cup towards end of cooking: chic peas, black eyed beans, lima beans, white beans, kidney beans
cooked drained lentils 1 cup, towards end of cooking: yellow, red, green or split peas
1 cup diced firm Tofu at end of cooking or Tempeh halfway through cooking.