Goan Green Curry
Random Harvest Gourmet
A fragrant cumin and black pepper curry base.
- 1 large onion diced
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 kg meat/poultry/seafood/vegetable
- 1 jar Goan Green Curry
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 cup fresh chopped coriander
- 1-2 green chillies de-seeded and chopped
- Salt to taste
- Fry onions in oil until brown
- Add meat/poultry/seafood/vegetable until sealed
- Fold through 1 jar Goan Green Curry
- Add water to just cover – simmer until tender
- Add salt to taste, coconut milk and green chilli – coriander garnish
- Simmer for five minutes
- Garnish with coriander and enjoy with boiled red or white basmati rice.
Serve with Goan Cuisine Mango Chutney
Meat: Chuck steak, brisket, lamb forequarter chops, half and half pork belly and shoulder, half and half pork soft bone and pork shoulder, boneless rolled leg of lamb.
Poultry: Chicken thigh bone in skin off, chicken thigh boneless skinless, whole chicken cut into pieces, duck Maryland pieces.
Seafood: Prawns, mackerel/salmon cutlets, snapper/barramundi/whiting fillets, squid, crabs, mussels/pipis.
Vegetable: Eggplant, zucchini, mushrooms, cabbage, carrot, corn wedges, cauliflower, green beans, peas, potato, turnips and sweet potato.
Lentils: Green, Red, Yellow, Split peas.
Legumes: Chic Peas, Black-eyed beans, kidney beans, butter beans.