Vindalho of Blue Swimmer Crab
Blue swimmer crabs are perfect for this fragrant spice base!
- 1 large onion diced
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 4 blue swimmer crabs cleaned halved and main claw twisted off
I jar VINDALHO MASALA (use less for fish)
- 1 cup fresh chopped coriander
- 1-2 green chilies de-seeded
- Heat oil in broad based pot. Add onions and fry until golden brown.
- Add Vindalho Masala and coriander.
- Mix well and fry on low heat for a minute.
- Fold through crabs
- Add 1 cup water and simmer on low heat with lid on until cooked through
- Add salt if required – if more gravy required, add hot water, mix well
- De-seeded chillies may be added
Enjoy with rice, rice pancake (use dosa batter) or sour dough bread and Goan Cuisine Lime Pickle