Goan Tandoori Marinade
Random Harvest Gourmet
A flavoursome marinade with the distinctive warmth of red chillies and cloves.
- 1 kg your choice of meat/poultry/seafood/vegetable
3 tablespoons Goan Cuisine Tandoori Marinade
- 2 tablespoons Yoghurt
- Juice of a lemon
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- Salt to taste
Mix all ingredients in a bowl.
Add your choice of meat/poultry/seafood/vegetable and refrigerate covered overnight or minimum 30 minutes.
Oven-roast in single layer or cook on bbq hotplate/grill or oven.
- Chicken boneless/skinless thighs or breast cut into bite sized pieces and threaded on skewers
- Lamb fillet cubed and skewered
- French trimmed lamb cutlets are ideal for bbq or oven
- De-vein prawns and leave tail on
- Chicken wings scored through and baked
- Chicken Marylands scored and baked
- Quails halved and baked skin side up
- Duck Breasts skin on sealed off folded through marinade and baked
- Mushrooms, Eggplant, Capsicum, Zucchini, Red onion, fennel bulb for vegetable skewers
- Wedges of boiled potato, sweet potato, pumpkin, turnip or swede folded through marinade and baked
Serve with Goan Cuisine Spicy Mango Chutney or Tamarind Chutney.
Boil potatoes separately, peel and toss in leftover marinade in bowl and bake until browned.