Slow Cooked Goan Green Sweet Potato, Kailan, Shitake Mushroom & Black Beans
Stunning textures, tastes and colours come together in this slow cooked Goan Green Curry – the sweet potato smooth, kailan fresh and juicy, earthy shitake mushrooms and nutty blackbeans all simmered in our distinctive cumin and black pepper spice base.
- 1 large onion diced
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 large sweet potato diced
- 1 punnet fresh shitake mushrooms stems removed and sliced
- 1 bunch kalian washed drained and chopped
- 1 can black beans rinsed and drained
- I jar Goan Green Curry
- ½ cup coconut milk
- ½ cup fresh chopped coriander
- 1-2 green chilies de-seeded
- Salt to taste
- Fry onions in oil until brown
- Add sweet potato, kalian, shitake mushroom and black beans and fry on medium high heat for a couple of minutes
- Fold through 1 jar Goan Green Curry
- Add coconut milk, green chilli and water to just barely cover
- Transfer to slow cooker and set to cook
- When tender and cooked through add salt to taste, coriander to garnish
Enjoy with boiled basmati rice and Goan Cuisine Cucumber Achar
Vegetable: Eggplant, zucchini, mushrooms, cabbage, carrot, corn wedges, cauliflower, green/snake beans, peas, choy sum, bok choy, fennel bulb, potato and sweet potato
Lentils: Green, Red, Yellow, Split peas, puy lentils.
Legumes: Chic Peas, Black-eyed beans, kidney beans, butter beans, lima beans.
Extra firm tofu/Tempeh