Egg and Red Lentil Curry
- 1 cup red lentils
- 4 hard-boiled eggs cut in halves
- 1 large onion sliced fine
- 6 garlic cloves sliced fine
- 1 tbsp. julienne of fresh ginger
- 2 tbsp. Goan Cuisine Tandoori Paste
- 1 cup crushed tomato
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ bunch fresh coriander chopped
Add diced tomato cook for another 5 minutes
Add cooked lentils, mix well and simmer, covered, on low heat for 10 minutes [adding hot water if required] so that curry is not too thick. Stir from time to time because lentils tends to stick to pan
Season with salt if required
Add eggs with the yolks facing up
Garnish with chopped coriander.
Serve as a mains with boiled basmati rice or chapatis and Goan Cuisine Lime Pickle or as a side.