Father's day gifts don't have to be difficult. Father's Day is a special day to celebrate your dad how loved he is, and gathering family around for a special Father's Day bbq is a gift idea for dads that most will absolutely love.
Hosting a bbq for Father's Day is a wonderful way to spend time with your dad. Do the planning, do the cooking, and let him sit back and put his feet up, and spoil him with his favourite foods and treats. If you've got a foodie dad, then this is a Father's Day gift idea we guarantee he'll love. Why not grab one of our Father's Day Hampers to spoil him that little bit extra.
Here are our top tips for planning the perfect bbq occasion for Father's Day 2022.
Who said BBQ's have to be at home? If you've invited the entire family, then why not head out andab out and host the bbq at a park or beach. That way there's plenty of space for everyone to sit and relax, and of course, you won't have to worry about doing any tidying up afterwards!
The most delicious BBQ food is simple food, so create a menu that's packed full of everyone's favourite foods and recipes without being too complex. If you're not sure what food to include on the menu, we recommend sticking to dad's favourite dishes. After all, it is his day! But if you're looking for some inspiration, then one great tip is to have a range of meat options on the menu. Beef, chicken, lamb, and of course, if you need to cater to vegan or vegetarian family members, then be sure to include dishes that cater to those dietary options.
Some easy food recipe options
- Grilled steak with roasted potatoes (our meat rubs are great for adding flavour).
- BBQ chicken wings (Try our meat rubs, or our rich sauces as a marinade)
- Grilled salmon with roasted vegetables
- Vegetarian burgers or kebabs
- Don't forget the salad! A classic father's day bbq wouldn't be complete without a fresh green salad, and we've got a range of gluten free salad dressings guaranteed to impress.
- Of course, don't forget dad's favourite cheese, crackers and platter goodies, and sweets for after the entree and main has been enjoyed!
Don't forget the drinks! Of course, no father's day bbq would be complete without a round or two of dad's favourite beer!
Father's Day BBQ activities are a must. If you're looking for something extra special to do on father's day, why not organise a game of cricket or frisbee? Nothing beats the creation of family memories with a competitive sports event after all. If your dad is more of a relaxed type, forget about cricket and frisbee and perhaps just head for a stroll along the beach if you've planned a beach bbq, and if you're at home, then some of dad's favourite music and a fire pit or just gathering around some family photo albums.
Whatever you do, make sure to enjoy quality time with your dad and let him know how much you love him
The Tradition of BBQ's in Australia
Our Australian BBQ Collection Hamper is one of our best-selling Father's Day gift hampers year in, year out. With a longstanding tradition of BBQ being about quality family time, it's no surprise to us.
BBQ's are an Aussie tradition for good reason. They're about sharing the best of times with loved ones, enjoying the great outdoors, and of course enjoying amazing food. Our gourmet food range caters to every part of your BBQ, from the delicious meat rubs for the perfect seasoning, right through to Australian made bbq and tomato sauces, and dessert sauces for sweets at the end of the meal. We're extremely proud to bring Australian made gourmet food to the homes of so many Australians.
In fact, it is estimated that Australians cook around 11 million BBQ's each year! Father's day is the perfect opportunity to enjoy a classic Aussie BBQ with your dad, make his day extra special, drag out those time-honoured family recipes and serve dad up unforgettable fun and memories.
The Best Locations To Host a Father's Day BBQ
One of the most important considerations is where to have your father's day bbq. While it may be easiest at home, there's something to be said for heading out to your favourite locations and getting out of the house for the day. Here are some of our favourite locations for spending time with your father this year:
- The beach: Nothing says Aussie summer like a BBQ on the beach! Of course, be sure to pack plenty of sunscreen and insect repellent, but if you like hanging out at the beach that will be an automatic thing you pack anyways. This is one of the best ideas for outside bbq's because many beaches have free BBQ facilities. If you don't have a favourite, be sure to plan ahead so you don't have to search for facilities on the day. Most beaches with BBQ facilities also have picnic tables to make serving and eating easy, although it does pay to pack a picnic blanket and some camp chairs just in case the facilities are already full of families when you get there.
- The park: If the weather is nice, why not have your father's day bbq in a local park? There's plenty of space for everyone to spread out, and you can even bring along a game of cricket or frisbee. Like most beaches, many parks have bbq facilities and picnic tables that make cooking and serving food easy.
- Your backyard: If you're looking for a more relaxed setting, why not host the BBQ in your own backyard? Other than the cleanup it's the easiest place to host a party for dad this year. There's no travel time, and no having to pack and unpack all the food and cooking gear. If you're from a large family, or have multiple siblings, the biggest consideration will be who's house hosts the bbq? If all else fails, just head straight to dad's with food and drinks and we're sure he'll be happy to host and light up the grill.
Quality Time Is The Best Father's Day Gift For Dad
And there you have it! Our top tips for planning the perfect father's day bbq. We hope you have a great day with your dad, and don't forget to get plenty of photos and videos on the day. It's always nice to look back and remember these fun family times.
Do you have any tips for planning the perfect father's day bbq? Let us know in the comments below! And if you're looking for more father's day inspiration, check out our blog post on the best father's day gifts for foodie dads.
Don't forget, we offer free deliver for father's day hampers Australia-wide for orders over $99, making your gift shopping for dad even more affordable. After all, we believe he deserves the ultimate in quality for the most affordable price.