We've got you covered here at Random Harvest, with plenty of Mother's Day gift ideas to truly spoil your mum this year.
It seems like the year has already snuck by, as though we've blinked and it's April, and in a breath it will become May.
Mother's Day in Australia in 2022 is on Sunday May 8th.
Didn't realise Mother's Day 2022 was so close? Never fear, when you go gift shopping for mum online, we know it can be stressful wondering if your gift will arrive on time which is why we offer amazing customer service that includes:
- Same Day Dispatch for all orders to ensure your order arrives for Mother's Day.
- Free Australia-wide shipping for all orders over $99 to help you spend more on mum's gift and less on postage.
- 100% Australian made gourmet gifts in every hamper.
- We're a 100% Australian family owned business, which is why we care so much.
When is Mother's Day Normally Celebrated In Australia?
Mother's Day in Australia is celebrated on the second Sunday of May. It was originally founded in the United States by Anna Jarvis, in memory of her own mother. She was very particular in calling the occasion Mother's Day to celebrate an individual Mother, rather than Mothers' Day as a collective for all mothers.
According to the National Library of Australia, and National newspaper archives, Mother's Day was first celebrated in 1910. It has continued to be celebrated every year since, in keeping with the original Mother's Day date from the U.S. being the 2nd Sunday in May.
Mother's Day Traditions in Australia?
Mother's Day traditions in Australia for many families are as individual as the mum being celebrated. There are many ways Australians celebrate Mother's Day with some of the most popular Mother's Day traditions in Australia being:
- Breakfast in bed for mum's is a well-celebrated tradition in Australia, where mums are spoilt with a hot cup of tea or coffee, some (often cold) toast, or perhaps their favourite croissant. Carried into the bedroom by enthusiastic young children, every mum looks back on these moments with sweetness.
- A family picnic in the park - This is especially popular if the weather is good. Pack a gourmet hamper, mum's favourite sweet treats, and head to the local park for some sunshine and scenery, some beautiful food and perhaps a lovely bottle of wine.
- A lazy day at the beach - For coastal mums, a Mother's Day beach day out is an obvious tradition. Whether mum kicks back and soaks in the sun rays, or dips in her favourite waves, there's nothing more relaxing then the soothing sounds of the ocean to give mum a beautiful day off mum duty.
- A family dinner at mum's favourite restaurant - There isn't a mum in Australia who wouldn't love to be spoiled for a dinner out at her favourite restaurant. It's one of the must-do Mother's Day traditions on our favourite list. Who doesn't love a beautiful dinner cooked by someone else. We bet your mum does!
- A quiet day in with a family Netflix day - Sometimes, all a mum wants is to hang out and enjoy some quiet family time with her favourite people. This is a wonderful tradition if mum is tired, or perhaps the weather isn't great, it's the perfect wet-weather mother's day tradition. Just let mum pick her favourite Netflix show. Remember it's her day!
- Treating mum to a spa pamper day - It's all about celebrating mum and how important she is to her family. We recommend manicures, pedicures, facials and massages!
The best Mother's Day tradition of all in Australia, is just to shower your mum with beautiful, high-quality gifts that she'll love, because we all know how hard mum's work to make the world go round, and on her special day, she really deserves to be spoilt.